The World Health Organisation has declared that Coronavirus is now a public health emergency of international concern.
At Highgate Montessori, we have procedures in place and would ask that all parents, carers, volunteers and visitors familiarise yourself with the points below:
- We have given individual lessons to the children explaining the importance of washing our hands regularly. Please can we ask that you enforce this message at home.
- The Highgate Montessori Team have been briefed and instructed to wash their hands when they enter the school and periodically throughout the day.
- We ask that all parents and visitors use the hand sanitisers available when entering the building. There is a bottle placed on the front table near the front door.
- If any parents or visitors start to feel ill, show signs of symptoms or have been in contact with someone who has been diagnosed with the virus then they need to inform the school immediately.
- If any child who attends Highgate Montessori, or a sibling, start to shows signs of high temperature or cold then you must contact NHS direct and inform Highgate Montessori immediately.
For the latest, up-to-date information on the Coronavirus, please visit the following links:
Latest information and advice from Public Health England (PHE)
(the most up-to-date advice about the situation)
PHE has published a useful Q&A on Coronavirus
NHS – Coronavirus Condition Overview
(including symptoms and treatment)