Highgate Montessori is a family-friendly preschool serving children from 18 months to 6 years old, located in Pond Square in the heart of idyllic Highgate Village.
Currently, we have the following vacancies available. Click the titles to expand for more details.
Montessori Assistant and/or Teacher (HM15) – Full-Time
We are a busy Montessori nursery and pre-school in Pond Square, London (N6) looking for a full-time experienced, competent and proactive Montessori Assistant and/or Teacher to join our team.
This position is open to qualified and newly qualified persons, or someone interested in pursuing Montessori as a career.
We are looking for a full-time Montessori Guardian (Assistant or Teacher) to join our supportive, professional and highly experienced team, to work in our vertically grouped, open planned classrooms to support in preparing and maintaining the Montessori and outdoor learning environments on a daily basis for our Toddlers (18 months – up to 3 years or 3 – 6 years).
You will be a key member of the team acting as a positive role model to children and parents in the delivery and maintenance of outstanding service.
At Highgate Montessori the needs of the child and the family come first, we aim to be a partner in nurturing and upbringing the children and families we care for. So, if you want to do the right things for the right reasons and join a professional team that is dedicated to following the Montessori philosophy and its foundations combined with the EYFS this role is for you.
We are willing to consider a Level 3, providing that they have a real interest and passion in the Montessori field of education. We are willing to financially support that candidate in further Montessori training (up to Level 5).
Position: Montessori Assistant and/or Teacher
Job Type: Permanent
Contract: Full-Time Monday to Friday
Option 1 – 7.30 am – 4.30 pm
Option 2 – 8.00 am – 5.00 pm
Option 3 – 11.30 am – 6.30 pm
Salary: To be discussed at the interview and will be in accordance with qualifications and experience.
- DBS (including update service)
- Level 3 or above, NNEB
- or, Montessori Assistance Training Certificate
- Montessori Early Years International Diploma
- Montessori and/or Early Years Foundation Degree
- Sound knowledge and experience of the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Experience within a vertically grouped classroom is essential
- 12 hours Paediatric First Aid Certificate
- At least one year’s continued experience working in the early years setting
- At least one year’s experience working in a Montessori setting
- Prepared to work in all weather conditions as part of our open-air learning programme
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
- Competent to use computers and technology with confidence, ease and minimal frustration.
- To nurture the personality of each child and meet their individual needs through the Montessori Philosophy and the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum
- To develop and support each child’s individual learning experiences and ideas based upon their own personal circumstances
- To provide a peaceful and interesting learning environment where each child can feel safe and relaxed
- To promote the joy of learning, encouraging curiosity, creativity and imagination, forming a positive foundation that will grow with each child throughout their entire education and beyond
- To develop social and emotional integration through individual and group learning
- You will have a flexible approach, a positive attitude and the ability to build positive constructive working relationships with children, parents, colleagues, students and other professionals as appropriate.
- To support and direct a small group of children, including required record keeping and to ensure their developmental, personal, social and emotional needs are met in a safe and caring manner
- To work in partnership with parents/carers and other family members to pro-actively support the children’s care and development
- Adhering to Health and Safety policies, maintaining risk assessments and relevant documentation
- Attend parent seminars and promotional days
- To maintain high standards of safeguarding, care and education.
We can offer:
We offer many benefits, including:
- Bank Holidays as leave (Christmas Day, New Years Day, Good Friday, Easter Sunday, Easter Monday, Early May, Spring Bank Holiday and August Bank Holiday)
- 10 consecutive days in August (inclusive of the August Bank Holiday)
- 10 consecutive days during the Christmas period (inclusive of Christmas Day and New Years Day)
- 1 Christmas shopping day (must be taken during December)
- Annual leave on your birthday
- A competitive salary with a possible end of year Performance Related Bonus that reflects your expertise and ability (conditions apply)
- Excellent in-house training, opportunity to gain further qualifications, virtual learning and career progression opportunities
- Continued and paid for CPD training in relevant areas
- Childcare provision for up to two children during spring, summer and winter holiday schools with a substantial discount
- Well-being vouchers for 100% attendance and punctuality over the year
- An excellent working environment in a well-resourced indoor and outdoor Montessori and Early Years learning areas.
- Working within a dedicated staff team and an appreciative parent network.
- Access to the school’s annual subscription to the Montessori and Under 5’s Magazines.
- A referral bonus should you introduce a new team member who meets the requirements of the school and completes a probationary period to become employed full time (conditions apply) successfully.
Please visit our website at www.highgatemontessori.com/vacancies for further information on this and other vacancies.
Interested parties for this role should email a CV and covering letter to Highgate Montessori at